Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pizza Party & Pizza Crust Recipe

We've had a couple of pizza-making parties at our house lately.  They are so fun and I highly recommend that you do one too.  

The recipe is crust + toppings +  people + dash of creativity = great memories

It all started when I started making pizza crust again because I was inspired by a friend's kale and butternut squash pizza, I thought that this type of dinner would be an experience everyone could participate and be creative.  
The way we did it is to have everyone bring their favorite toppings.  I made the pizza crust, had the mozzarella cheese, sauce and a few toppings.
You can have the crust ready in cookie sheets or have them roll it out and form it themselves.

Some toppings ideas from our parties:

Pepperoni soaked in Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Black Olives
Roasted Butternut Squash
Sauteed Kale
Garlic
Roasted Onions
Pineapple
Bacon
Parmesan Cheese
Pesto

Prepare a big salad, some drinks and you're done.  It also helps if you have great friends who offer to bring dessert.  Ice creams works too though.

Easy and did I mention fun?












I tried a few different crust recipes and ya'll this is the best pizza crust I have ever made and maybe ever had.   I like to experiment with different recipes just because that's my idea of a good time, but I think I can say that the search is over.

It's not like Pioneer Woman needs any endorsement from me but if you are looking for an easy delicious recipe, here it is.  I would double it and save one crust for later.  She says it's even better when you put it in the fridge for at least 24 hours.  

However, I didn't do that and it was still wonderful.  I let it rise for 1 1/2 hours sitting out and covered before using it.


One Basic Pizza Crust

Prep Time:
 
  
Cook Time:
Difficulty:
 Easy
  
Servings:
 12

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon (SCANT) Active Dry Yeast
  • 3/4 cups Warm Water
  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 3/4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Preparation Instructions

Sprinkle yeast over 3/4 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. Let stand for a few minutes.
In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours, or store in the fridge until you need it.
Note: it’s best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance.
********************
Have you had a pizza making party?  What other Pioneer Woman recipes do you love?
xo-
Jennifer

P.S.  If you came to one of our parties, this crust is different than the one I made for those.  This one is better!






No comments:

Our Trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida

I'm linking up again with  Erika ,  Andrea  and  Narci  for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too! ...