Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Days {Day 26} A Simple Soap Tip


**Pardon the late posting.  I didn't have internet all day yesterday because we changed over to a new service.

Today I want to share with you something that I do that simplifies my life, and saves me time and money. In itself, it's actually very simple!  I buy huge containers of soap and refill them in my glass soap dispensers.  I got these at Target and have them all over the house.





The reason I started this is because I was looking for a soap that didn't have triclosan.  I read a lot of things that scared me about it and felt like plain soap would be enough to wash my hands.  It's not easy to find plain soap that isn't anti-bacterial so I get mine from Whole Foods.  I've tried the brand pictured below and it is the cheapest.  It works well but it doesn't smell that nice even though it says it's scented. Recently another brand was on sale and I decided to upgrade to Everyday Shea brand.  It smells like more than just soap. My favorite is Vanilla Mint.


via

At the risk of being totally contradictory, I also buy a huge bottle of hand sanitizer from Target.  We have little bottles in our car and I refill them.  This bottle has lasted me for a couple of years already.  Hand sanitizer does have the ingredient I'm trying to avoid but I only use it after I pump gas or something else where my hands feel dirty and I can't wash them.



That is my simple tip for today.  It's something that doesn't seem like a big deal but a lot of thought actually went in to going this route.  I don't have to hassle with running out of soap and spending loads of money at Bath & Body Works.  It's a little thing that keeps my house running smoothly because I don't have to worry about running out if I have my under the sink bottles for refill.  Nothing says I love you like extra toilet paper and soap in the bathroom.  


No comments:

Our Trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida

I'm linking up again with  Erika ,  Andrea  and  Narci  for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too! ...