Monday, October 17, 2011

31 Days {Day 17} Update on Project 333





Update on Project 333

It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I reported in on my clothing diet and I'm happy to say that so far it's been really easy.   I'll just break down all the core elements of the project and tell you how I'm faring.  This is riveting information, people!

Weather:  Part of the reason it's so easy is that most days are still in the 90's, but I think that is about to change.  I'm a little scared of the colder weather because most of my options are for warm weather.  I'll be relying on my blazers and sweaters a lot.

Shoes:  Shoes have been a bit of a challenge because of the weather.  I hated having to not wear some of my favorites just because I had to include boots in the initial list.  Eventually I will trade out my sandals for my boots though.  I have no idea when that will be but I'm guessing before December comes.  I am excited to wear my new ones that I bought in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.

Pants:  It's a good thing I really like my jeans because I have been only wearing two pairs of jeans the entire time.  My only other pair of pants are a wool dress pant.  I also have one dress.  I usually wear a lot of jeans anyway, just have more than two pairs to choose from. Both of them are Citizens of Humanity which are my favorite brand.

Tops:  Layering is key for me.  I have two lightweight sweaters that I pair with my tops. They are interesting color combinations that allow me to not wear much jewelry.  Two of the shirts actually have sequins at the neckline so they do double duty.

Jewelry:  I've stayed true to my two pairs of earrings and one necklace.  I have a gold pair and a silver pair and it's all I feel like I need.

Other accessories:  The only other items I have are my purse, sunglasses,  and one scarf that I will need in the colder weather.  I don't wear belts and don't wear scarves as part of my outfits.

Telling Friends:  I've been telling some of my friends that I am doing this and I'm pretty sure they think I'm strange.  I tell them what I'm trying to accomplish through this, like learning things about yourself and how much you really need.  If I hadn't told them, I don't think people would notice. In general I think we worry about how much we look like much more than anyone even cares.

I still have to post my list and maybe some pictures, but I'm waiting for a little colder weather to kick in to finalize it.  How are you all doing with your wardrobes?  Do you feel like you have just the right amount of clothes?  I haven't even worn all mine yet, which is very interesting.  Do you think people will notice that you wear the same thing so often?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you live? I wish it was still in the 90s here (although I can't complain too much -- it's Atlanta, so it's still pretty warm).

The Closet Therapist said...

We live in Houston. This week is going to be in the 70's though so yay! Is it weird that I feel cold already?

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I live in Austin, and I am wearing a bona fide wool sweater tonight. Wahoo! I may even put on socks. Maybe hot tea, too!

I'm back from my travels and am wanting to participate in the 333 project. Your post made me realize that we're in that weird seasonal transition time where a sweater is demanded one day and shorts the next. I'll be planning my 33 items tonight and see how much of my wardrobe really is functional in a transitional season.

Stephanie said...

I had one of my project shirts ruined by the dry cleaner so it's out. I also have two pairs of pants that I have deemed unflattering and no longer wear. Now it's project 30, but still doable. I'm excited for colder weather to come so I can wear more things.

The Closet Therapist said...

Rebekah-Isn't the weather wonderful. It was 72 here and I was a bit cold! I'm so glad you are joining the 333 fun! It's not easy to have a transition wardrobe and I'm feeling the difficulty now.


Stephanie-Wow, I can't believe you chose two pants that you now think are unflattering. Is that because you've been wearing them so much? So you aren't going to add 3 things? I would!!

-Jennifer

Our Trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida

I'm linking up again with  Erika ,  Andrea  and  Narci  for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too! ...