Friday, June 02, 2017

Friday Favorites // June 2, 2017

friday favorites



I'm linking up again with Erika, Andrea and Narci for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too!

 { 1 }

We went salsa dancing last Friday night!  Gustavo and I met salsa dancing when a mutual friend invited us both to go dancing with a group of people who were taking dance lessons. It was love at first dance!  Haha!  That was 13 years ago and we've hardly been salsa dancing since so we were happy to remedy that situation!  If you are in Houston, check out The Aquarium on Friday nights during the summer.

I cut our friends out of the picture because I didn't know if they would want to appear on the internet, but we had so much fun with them and went to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards.  

Side note, Señor Gustavo wore his dark sunglasses all. night. long, even after dark.  He couldn't break character!


Here is Gustavo giving a salsa lesson to our friend.
Its mesmerizing, isn't it?



{ 2 }



We went to Ikea to get some organizing things for our horrendous shelves in the laundry room and spotted a duvet cover that matched me.  

You see how easy it is to get distracted at Ikea?  We did have a purpose and here are the shelves so full of disarray.  We take off our shoes here and they pile up plus all of our crafts and paints are stored here.  



For the record, I had a big problem with buying more bins to put things in when I already had bins available, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get something that matches.   I think it makes a big difference in the feel of peacefulness in our home as soon as we walk in the door.

We still have a situation with so many shoes but as the kids grow out of them, I won't buy as many. Ok, who am I kidding?  That's the plan, though.


This is a look inside one of the bins.  It holds our paints and the handy little attachable box to put paintbrushes in is only 79 cents more!  


{ 3 }

Three is this recipe for banana chocolate muffins that the kids helped me make this week.  They are so delicious.  Even Gustavo said they were the best muffins ever!
  


Carolina actually did measure the flour and sugar all by herself. I barely watched her so she must have done ok.  When Papa said he loved them she was so proud!

{ 4 } 

This is a picture of me trying to write this blog post.  I'm a total Mommy blogger with kids all over me all the time!  I wouldn't trade it for anything but if there are any typos in my posts, I'm going to blame them!



No comments:

Our Trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida

I'm linking up again with  Erika ,  Andrea  and  Narci  for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too! ...