Monday, December 15, 2008

Updates and 50% off Nars Cosmetics!

Sheez.  It's really been a long time since I posted.  I guess I've had writer's block or just altogether block.  Right before Thanksgiving my sweet Grandfather unexpectedly passed away. We got our things together and left for NC the next morning.  We had to drive since we couldn't put Keegan in the kennel on a Sunday.  We drove almost the whole way and had to stop and stay the night in Atlanta.  It is a 17 hour drive.  

Since it was the week before Thanksgiving, we just took the time off to spend with my family. It was lovely to see them since I normally only see them once a year.  There is nothing like visiting family to put things in perspective.  They are the most important part of life.  

Now we are headed to Puerto Rico to visit G's family for two weeks.  We leave on Christmas Day at 5:30 in the morning!  It is going to be great to see them too.  Being in Puerto Rico for Christmas and New Year's is quite an experience.  The food is so good that I'm bound to gain another 5 pounds.  Cafe con leche and quesitos, here I come!  If you've never visited PR, you must go.  The people are so friendly and of course it's sunny, warm and the island has so much to offer; the beach, the rainforest and well, the food!

But hey, I'm not writing to give you a travel guide.  I wanted to tell you about my latest obsession, Nars cosmetics.  Of course I discovered certain Nars products years ago like Orgasm blush and Dolce Vita lipstick, but now I've ventured into their eyeshadow and foundation.  

Recently I got the Best Palette from Nordstrom and it is so perfect for a neutral, pretty eye. Here is a picture.  It has the famous duo All About Eve, Kalahari duo and Bellisima I inside. I've been using Mac shadows for awhile but I think that Nars is certainly a step above in quality. 

If you have a local Nordstrom, they are giving out a free eye shadow or gloss with $75 purchase. I always end up buying myself something at Christmas because I'm out there shopping more than normal!  Yesterday I decided to try their foundation because they added a lighter color to the line.  I got the firming foundation in Siberia.  I wore my Cover Girl foundation on one side and the Nars on the other.  To be honest, the Cover Girl held it's own, but the Nars "melted" a little less and smoothed into my skin better.  We'll see if it is worth the pricetag or not.  I also got this three pack of lip gloss duos.  I adore their lipgloss.  I like Mac lip gloss too, but Nars colors really work well with my pigmented lips.  I am a sucker for a set because I like to experiment and try out different colors.  

OK, if you've never tried Nars and want a good deal, I have a little present for you.  There is a store in Massachusetts called Beauty and Main that is discontinuing their Nars line.  One of the stores has collected all the inventory and is selling all Nars products at 50% off!  This is a perfect chance to try one of their crazy color duos, or try a new lipstick color.  They still have a lot left, but you'll have to call to order.  The number is 781-237-1685 and you can speak to Natalie or Emily.  They are very helpful and it's free shipping with orders over $75.00--see update below.  

Update:  Emily just emailed me and said since the Nars on on sale that the shipping will be $9, which is still a deal girls!

I got the Kilimanjaro duo, the Persepolis duo, Miss Sadie lipliner, Vagabond lip lacquer and two Sabrina lip treatments.  That is a lot of stuff I know, which is why I called it my Nars obssession.  Remember that post a long time ago about how I only wanted to have a little basket of makeup?  I'm thinking that is not going to happen.

When I was at home in NC, I got together with my Aunt Delores for coffee.  I give her the credit for starting me on my lipstick addiction.  She used to give me little baskets with all kinds of lipsticks that she had tried and didn't work for her.  As a teenager who couldn't afford to buy a lot of makeup, I loved it!  So after coffee, we both pulled out our lipgloss to put on after we finished.  I wanted to show her my colors and ended up pulling out about 12 lipsticks and glosses.  Can you have too many?  I don't think so.  She had about the same amount which is why I love her so!!! You gotta love a girly-girl!

I know this is quite a rambling post, but I wanted to get on here and tell you about the Nars sale and let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a warm, caring person you are and your husband....making time to be w/those you love as they need you...so very sorry about your grandfather.......enjoy that special time in PR!!! sure sounds awesome....your aunt seems like a nice person; esp. if she loves lipstick and gloss...
delo

The Closet Therapist said...

Ha ha! That's my Aunt Delores! Love you Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Will checkout the site for those amazing offers on beauty products.

La Belette Rouge said...

I am so happy to see you back. I have really missed you. I love Nars blush, lipsticks and their All About Eve eyeshadow duo is one I use a lot!

Like you and Aunt Delores I often have 10-15 lipsticks/glosses in my purse. It is a bit excessive. But, I like options.;-)

Amy said...

I got the same Best Palette from Nordstrom last weekend. IT is very good. Thank you.

Our Trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida

I'm linking up again with  Erika ,  Andrea  and  Narci  for the Friday Favorites!  I love reading everyone's favorites too! ...